Question about File > Open and the "Untitled" buffer

From: phayz <russelldicken....at.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 20:42:25 -0700 (PDT)

If Textadept is started and there are no files listed in its session
file, it starts with an empty buffer, named "Untitled". If I then open
an existing file, I then have two buffers - one with the opened file's
name and the original "Untitled" buffer. Why does Textadept not simply
open the file in the "Untitled" buffer? If I continue and open a
second file, I have three buffers. When I switch between them I must
cycle past the "Untitled" buffer, which I simply don't care about.

This is not a big issue but as usual I wonder why Textadept works this
way. Is it by design?

Note that this is the behaviour I see from Textadept when running it
on Windows XP SP3.

Regards,

Russell Dickenson