Re: Question about Textadept's behaviour with "Send To" function of Windows

From: phayz <russelldicken....at.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 14:07:36 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 11, 11:53 am, mitchell <mforal.n....at.gmail.com> wrote:
> Brian,
>
> On Apr 10, 6:40 pm, Brian Schott <briancsch....at.gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On 04/09/10 08:18, mitchell wrote:> This requires a weird thing called Mutex in Windows. I tried
> > > implementing such a thing way back in the day, but never understood
> > > it. I also don't know what the Linux and Mac OSX equivalents are.
>
> > > Ideas are appreciated.
>
> > > Mitchell
>
> >http://ubuntu.chapinware.com/2010/01/08/single-instance-apps-using-d-...
>
> > If I implement something like this with dbus, will you accept a patch?
>
> I have something against depending on dbus... Or does it come on all
> linux systems by default?
>
> Mitchell
>

> > - Brian

It doesn't really help the discussion but I just discovered a thread
from early February 2009 about the same issue/question that I raised.
I did search the group's history but I obviously wasn't using the
right search terms.

Just a quick question on the topic - would this be implemented in
Textadept's core - i.e. C - or in the Lua extensions?

Regards,

Russell Dickenson