Re: compiling on Ubuntu

From: Robert <ro....at.web.de>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 11:09:35 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 9, 7:44 pm, Patrick <spell_gooder_....at.spellingbeewinnars.org>
wrote:
> A few months ago I was thinking how nice it would be if I could find a
> Lua oriented text editor that I could run Lua commands in.I just heard
> about textadept during the eLua interview on Floos Weekly, I really
> want to give it a try.
>
> I am running Ubuntu and getting this compile error:
>
> make: *** No rule to make target `scintillua/gtk/*.cxx', needed by
> `AutoComplete.o'.  Stop.

Do you have the right package? The packages with the executables do
not contain everything for compiling. This one has all that's needed:
http://textadept.googlecode.com/files/textadept_2.2_beta.src.zip
However, the precompiled version should work just fine on Ubuntu.

> I did install the GTK dev headers. Please help I don't want to read
> the Emacs manual :-(

Robert