Re: Next generation of lexers

From: Robert <ro....at.web.de>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 02:48:28 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 17, 1:34 am, mitchell <mforal.n....at.gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > New documentation can be found here:http://caladbolg.net/luadoc/textadept2/modules/lexer2.html. The
> > attached tgz contains the new lexers/, and ScintillaBase.cxx,
> > ScintillaBase.h, and LexLPeg.cxx files.
>
> > Linux users, please test! Clone the latest hg fromhttp://textadept.googlecode.com/hg, copy the archived C++ files into
> > your textadept/src/scintillua/src/ folder, and replace the
> > textadept/lexers/ directory. Compile ta and you're good to go.
>
> Clarification of steps on Linux:
>
> cd /tmp
> hg clonehttp://textadept.googlecode.com/hgta
> unzip textadept_2.2_beta.src.zip
> mv textadept_2.2_beta/src/scintillua ta/src
> mv textadept_2.2_beta/src/lua ta/src
> mv textadept_2.2_beta/src/gcocoadialog ta/src
> tar xzf 20100416_newlexers.tgz
> mv lexers ta/
> mv scintilla/src/* ta/src/scintillua/src/
> cd ta/src
> make
> ../textadept
>
> Mitchell

As I just wrote my first proper lexer a few days ago I'd like to try
this out!
I couldn't get it to work, however.
"Segmentation fault."
I'm on a 32-bit Linux, the 2.2 beta compiles without problem. To make
sure I haven't forgotten anything else, I tried again skipping the
files in the newlexers.tgz - in this case I can compile and just get a
ta without lexers.
Let me know if you need any more info.

Robert

P.S: The wiki side pane has been attacked again...