Re: Next generation of lexers

From: phayz <russelldicken....at.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 15:46:56 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 17, 8:41 am, mitchell f <mforal.n....at.gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Writing a lexer sucks.

Mitchell,

Beyond "Writing a lexer sucks" I didn't understand most of your
posting, but that's because I have never had anything to do with a
lexer. And honestly, that's for the good of any project which uses
lexers.

Congratulations for being able to take an honest view of your project
and conclude "This ought to be done better!" Congratulations also for
Textadept's excellent documentation. It's rare that the developer(s)
of something like Textadept are able to document it in such a way that
newcomers are able to understand it. As I have demonstrated here in
the Textadept's mailing list I have had difficulty understand how some
aspects of Textadept work. With the documentation available, though, I
have been able to understand Textadept much better than I would have
otherwise been able.

I currently use Textadept on both Windows XP and Linux. As soon as I
can I will test Textadept on Linux and report any bugs I find.

Regards,

Russell Dickenson