Re: Textadept's strange behaviour when an error has occurred on startup

From: Ryan Pusztai <rpusz....at.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 13:11:09 -0400

Robert,

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 1:04 PM, Robert <ro....at.web.de> wrote:

> which OS and Textadept version are you using?

OS: Ubuntu 9.10 x86_64
TextAdept Version: 2.2 beta

The session handling
> might be better in the next version because there will be no
> additional "Untitled" buffer created at startup.

Good to know. I noticed that as well.

> I assume the "open with" behaviour is the same as starting textadept
> from the command line with a file as parameter. In this case no
> session loading is done. Maybe dragging the document into your already
> open Textadept session could be a workaround?

I use that currently, but with multiple desktops and not always having the
TextAdept window in view that is a problem.

> The problem of multiple
> Textadept instances has already been discussed on the list, with no
> solution yet...

Thanks for the info. I really feel like this is a big polish step and
important at sometime.

> Russel, I have remapped my short cut for closing a buffer to checking
> first wether it is a message/error buffer. In this case the view is
> unsplit first and then the buffer closed. I'll post this later.

That seems like a smart/sane behavior.

--
Regards,
Ryan