Re: Textadept's strange behaviour when an error has occurred on startup

From: Robert <ro....at.web.de>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 19:04:56 +0200

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 6:52 PM, Ryan Pusztai <rpusz....at.gmail.com> wrote:
> Mitchell,
> On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 10:29 AM, mitchell <mforal.n....at.gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Correct. The session is saved, including split views.
>
> Is it possible to remember the displayed buffers in each split. I open
> TextAdept often and it gets the buffers all wrong when it first starts. It
> takes a few commands to get them layed out the way they were when I last
> closed. It is confussing.
> Also, how come the session is not remembered when you right-click and open
> with TextAdept? It always opens a separate instance and the size is not
> remembered. I would actually prefer if the files just opened in the
> currently open TextAdept window. Any thoughts?
> --
> Regards,
> Ryan

Ryan,
which OS and Textadept version are you using? The session handling
might be better in the next version because there will be no
additional "Untitled" buffer created at startup.
I assume the "open with" behaviour is the same as starting textadept
from the command line with a file as parameter. In this case no
session loading is done. Maybe dragging the document into your already
open Textadept session could be a workaround? The problem of multiple
Textadept instances has already been discussed on the list, with no
solution yet...

Russel, I have remapped my short cut for closing a buffer to checking
first wether it is a message/error buffer. In this case the view is
unsplit first and then the buffer closed. I'll post this later.