Re: Textadept's strange behaviour when an error has occurred on startup

From: Robert <ro....at.web.de>
Date: Sun, 2 May 2010 20:20:20 +0200

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 7:11 PM, Ryan Pusztai <rpusz....at.gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have remapped my short cut for closing a buffer to checking
>> first wether it is a message/error buffer. In this case the view is
>> unsplit first and then the buffer closed. I'll post this later.
>
> That seems like a smart/sane behavior.
> --
> Regards,
> Ryan

keys.cw = { function()
                if buffer._type then
                  local message_buffer = true
                end
                buffer:close()
              end }

I had hoped to have some time to investigate this some more, as it is
not 100% perfect. The buffer that is shown after the unsplit is not
always the one that caused the message or error.
Most of the time it's no problem and shift-tabbing to another buffer is easy.