Re: Textadept 2.2 Beta 2

From: Robert <ro....at.web.de>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 13:28:34 +0200

On Sat, May 1, 2010 at 6:59 PM, mitchell <mforal.n....at.gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Textadept 2.2 beta 2 is available from http://textadept.googlecode.com.
> The lexer engine and lexers have been rewritten. New documentation is
> at http://caladbolg.net/luadoc/textadept2/modules/lexer.html. If there
> are no showstoppers, 2.2 will be released May 11.
>
> Bugfixes:
>
>    * Fixed crash with buffer:text_range().
>    * Fixed snippets bug with %n sequences.
>    * Respect tab settings for snippets.
>    * Fixed help hanging bug in Win32.
>    * Fixed Lua module commands bug.
>
> Changes:
>
>    * Added BSD support.
>    * Removed kill-ring from editing module.
>    * Run commands are in language-specific modules.
>    * Block comment strings are in language-specific modules now.
>    * Remove 'Untitled' buffer when necessary.
>    * Moved 'Search' menu into 'Tools' menu to prevent Alt+S key
> conflict.
>    * Rewrote lexers implementation.
>    * Added Inform, Lilypond, and NSIS lexers.
>
> Mitchell

Only "bug" I found is that the Ragel lexer is still old-style.

As for the documentation of the user init.lua that was discussed recently
I've attached a patch, startup_doc_initlua,
to put require 'textadept' in the correct position,
I removed the command_entry example, as it leaves one with the
possibility to open
the command entry field but no way to close it.

If you like the idea of putting additional key_commands in init.lua I have
attached no_user_files.patch which includes the correction of the init.lua doc
above and removes the user snippets.lua as well.
As the user files were only announced as part of the 2.2 beta it would
be a good opportunity.