Re: How to toggle folding margin?

From: phayz <russelldicken....at.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 20:16:19 -0700 (PDT)

On May 11, 2:32 am, mitchell <mforal.n....at.gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Russell,
>
> On May 9, 10:29 pm, phayz <russelldicken....at.gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I would like to be able to toggle the folding margin but I'm not sure
> > how to do so. I have tried editing my personal theme's view.lua but
> > has a weird effect on Textadept's appearance, disable the display of
> > line numbers and changing the colour of the caret. In reading the
> > documentation I have working on the basis that changing the buffer's
> > "fold" value to '0'.
>
> > Can anyone suggest how I might do this?
>
> In the "-- fold margin" section of your view.lua, change
>
> buffer.margin_width_n[2] = 10

> buffer.margin_width_n[2] = 0
>
> If you want to disable it completely, remove the whole section.
>
> Mitchell

Mitchell,

Thanks for your reply. I must have had a setting mis-configured
because when I first tried your recommended setting, both the fold
margin and line numbers disappeared. I deleted my theme's view.lua,
copied it from the 'Dark' theme you created, and again made my
preferred modifications to it. I then set the margin value as you
suggested and I have the result I want - no folding margin.

Now I need to look at Textadept's existing code and work out how to
add to the menu a "Toggle Folding Margin".

Regards,

Russell Dickenson