How to implement custom compile/run commands?

From: phayz <russelldicken....at.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 9 May 2010 22:30:43 -0700 (PDT)

I have searched and browsed this group and Textadept's documentation
but I am still not sure how I implement language-specific compile/run
commands.

I browsed textadept\modules\textadept\run.lua and in that file found
the text -
"-- Module for running/executing source files.
-- Typically, language-specific modules populate the
'compile_command',
-- 'run_command', and 'error_detail' tables for a particular
language's file
-- extension."

With that information I then browsed and opened the file textadept
\modules\cpp\commands.lua and in that file found the text -
"-- Commands for the cpp module.
module('_m.cpp.commands', package.seeall)"

The lines immediately following this text configured the 'run' and
'compile' commands for this file type.

Although I don't fully understand the patterns used, I get the gist of
these files.

If I want to implement, for example, hypertext-specific 'run' and
'compile' commands, would I create a textadept\modules\hypertext
\commands.lua file and in it, detail the appropriate commands?

If my understanding of how file type-specific 'run' and 'compile'
commands is incorrect, as usual I am open to constructive criticism.

Regards,

Russell Dickenson