Re: How to implement custom compile/run commands?

From: Robert <ro....at.web.de>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 11:52:31 +0200

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 5:29 PM, mitchell <mforal.n....at.gmail.com> wrote:
> Robert,
>

>> I just checked, the examples in the wiki for ruby, php etc. use file
>> extensions (before I had just seen the first one, java, where it isn't so
>> obvious) and the documentation clearly states that file extensions are used,
>> so it's not a "bug", sorry.
>> What do you think, should this be unified? I'd prefer the lexer, so you
>> could have eg. html and htm covered.
>
> No, because compiling xml files could be different from xslt files
> even though they use the same lexer, etc.
>
> Mitchell

That's true - I'll add a reminder note to the wiki page for the run commands.

Russell,
I think for loading files in a browser it's not necessary to use the
run function. You probably don't need the returned shell output
(without an error there shouldn't be any), just define keyboard
shortcuts like discussed a while ago.