How to implement custom tools

From: phayz <russelldicken....at.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 14:44:37 -0700 (PDT)

I want to implement a custom Tool menu item which searches the current
buffer for the string 'FIXME', with the output of the search (grep ?)
going to a message buffer. My hope is that I could then double click
on the individual lines in the message buffer, which would then take
me to the matching line.

I understand that to achieve a similar result with an incremental
'Find' but the above option is still attractive to me. Yes, I have low
standards in what is attractive and what is not.

Is there some piece of Textadept's code that I could/should use an
example? Perhaps the 'run' and 'compile' code?

Regards,

Russell Dickenson