Re: "Recent files" list?

From: phayz <russelldicken....at.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 22:41:17 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 8, 8:34 am, phayz <russelldicken....at.gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 7, 12:13 pm, mitchell <mforal.n....at.gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Russell,

> > > OK - now I understand. Textadept behaves just as you say - I open 2
> > > files, then close just one of them and Alt+O opens a list of two files
> > > - the one I still open and the one just closed. All this is OK until I
> > > quit from Textadept, because the files recently opened are not saved.
> > > When I run Textadept, Alt+O opens an empty list. Is there a "Save the
> > > list of recently opened files" configuration option somewhere?
>
> > No, this is not possible.
>
> > Mitchell
>
> Oh. :(  I guess I'll get by without this feature then.
>
> Regards,
>
> Russell Dickenson

Mitchell,

Your most recent reply to this thread was "No, this is not possible."
and at the time I said "Oh well." and got on with my job. However I
don't understand why this is not possible. Textadept already maintains
a "session" file, which lists all files which were open when Textadept
was last quit. Wouldn't it be possible to add similar functionality
which maintained a list of all files opened by Textadept, with files
dropping off the list so that the maximum number of remembered files
was perhaps 10 or fewer? This list could then be appear in the 'Open
Buffer' (? - hot key is Control+O), perhaps toward the bottom?

I'm not asking that you or anyone else add this functionality, but if
you/they did I would forever grateful. If I desperately want this
functionality of course I could add it myself. For the moment, all I'm
asking is - why is this apparently not possible?

Regards,