Re: "Recent files" list?

From: phayz <russelldicken....at.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 04:00:25 -0700 (PDT)

On Jun 4, 7:10 pm, Robert <ro....at.web.de> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 7:41 AM, phayz <russelldicken....at.gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm not asking that you or anyone else add this functionality, but if
> > you/they did I would forever grateful. If I desperately want this
> > functionality of course I could add it myself. For the moment, all I'm
> > asking is - why is this apparently not possible?
>
> > Regards,
>
> > Russell Dickenson
>
> The Lua state is the limit, I think, technically, there shouldn't be a
> problem. Maybe you could create a Wiki page called "feature
> requests/ideas" with a description of your idea. Others might have
> similar ideas, half-baked code which might help. (I have,
> definitely...)
> Do you want to have no session reloading when reopening Textadept but
> instead a list with the 10 most recent files accessable with a key
> command?
>
> Robert

Robert,

That's a good suggestion. I will create a new page on the wiki (soon)
and explain in more detail the feature I would like to see in
Textadept.

Regarding session loading, I typically have several files open in
Textadept, but they're unlikely to be the same set of files that I had
open when I last quit from Textadept. Instead I might re-open a few of
those that I have edited recently. A recent files list, available via
the File menu, would make it easier and quicker to re-open those
files.

Regards,