Re: "Recent files" list?

From: mitchell <mforal.n....at.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2010 19:51:42 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Russel,

On Jun 3, 1:41 am, phayz <russelldicken....at.gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 8, 8:34 am, phayz <russelldicken....at.gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> > On Apr 7, 12:13 pm, mitchell <mforal.n....at.gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Russell,
>
> > > On Apr 6, 8:21 pm, phayz <russelldicken....at.gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > > > On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 4:36 PM, phayz <russelldicken....at.gmail.com> wrote:
> > > > > > On Apr 7, 9:14 am, Brian Schott <briancsch....at.gmail.com> wrote:
> > > > > > > On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 2:25 PM, phayz <russelldicken....at.gmail.com>
> > > > > > wrote:
> > > > > > > > I often reopen files I have been working on recently, but prefer not
> > > > > > > > to use Textadept's "session" option for this purpose. In reviewing
> > > > > > > > Textadept's source code - specifically "key_commands.lua" I note a
> > > > > > > > section title "-- Miscellaneous not in standard menu" which also
> > > > > > > > contains the text "--Recentfiles." Is this function not in the menu
> > > > > > > > for a specific reason - e.g. it's buggy/the author prefers not to use
> > > > > > > > it?
>
> > > > > > > > Regards,
>
> > > > > > > > Russell Dickenson
>
> > > > > > > Alt+O is the default keyboard shortcut for that.
>
> > > > > > > - Brian
>
> > > > > > Alt+O appears to me to display the buffer list, not the list of
> > > > > > recently opened files. I'm sure I'm running a vanilla installation of
> > > > > > Textadept.
>
> > > > > > Regards,
>
> > > > > > Russell Dickenson
>
> > > > > On Apr 7, 9:41 am, Brian Schott <briancsch....at.gmail.com> wrote:
> > > > > Well, yes. The files currently open were recently opened. Try closing one of
> > > > > them. The closed file should still appear in that list.
>
> > > > > - Brian
>
> > > > OK - now I understand. Textadept behaves just as you say - I open 2
> > > > files, then close just one of them and Alt+O opens a list of two files
> > > > - the one I still open and the one just closed. All this is OK until I
> > > > quit from Textadept, because the files recently opened are not saved.
> > > > When I run Textadept, Alt+O opens an empty list. Is there a "Save the
> > > > list of recently opened files" configuration option somewhere?
>
> > > No, this is not possible.
>
> > > Mitchell
>
> > Oh. :(  I guess I'll get by without this feature then.
>
> > Regards,
>
> > Russell Dickenson
>
> Mitchell,
>
> Your most recent reply to this thread was "No, this is not possible."
> and at the time I said "Oh well." and got on with my job. However I
> don't understand why this is not possible. Textadept already maintains
> a "session" file, which lists all files which were open when Textadept
> was last quit. Wouldn't it be possible to add similar functionality
> which maintained a list of all files opened by Textadept, with files
> dropping off the list so that the maximum number of remembered files
> was perhaps 10 or fewer? This list could then be appear in the 'Open
> Buffer' (? - hot key is Control+O), perhaps toward the bottom?
>
> I'm not asking that you or anyone else add this functionality, but if
> you/they did I would forever grateful. If I desperately want this
> functionality of course I could add it myself. For the moment, all I'm
> asking is - why is this apparently not possible?

Sorry for the confusion. What I meant was that with the current
implementation, such a thing was not possible. You could of course add
the necessary code and the feature works :)

Mitchell

>
> Regards,
>
Received on Sun 06 Jun 2010 - 22:51:42 EDT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0 : Thu 08 Mar 2012 - 11:42:22 EST