Re: Is a tags browser likely to return?

From: mitchell <mforal.n....at.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2010 19:46:59 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

> >> I know the side pane disappeared one or two minor revisions ago and on
> >> the whole I think it was a change for the better. I do miss, however,
> >> the list of a file/document's elements - e.g. all <h1>, <h2>, <h3>
> >> tagged items in an HTML document. I wonder if this list might return
> >> in some form?
>
> It can't be implemented as a plugin, as it wasn't not only Lua code.
> Maybe a (message) buffer could give the desired overview? Just a
> thought...

A particular message buffer (textadept.print('ctags', ...)) coupled
with a double-click handler that checks for buffer.type == 'ctags'
would probably work. Then split the view horizontally and you should
have the desired effect. You can grab an older version of ta that
parses ctags output from the string in the side pane.

Mitchell