Re: Error defining custom theme loading

From: Robert <ro....at.web.de>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 16:48:20 +0200

On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 4:18 PM, Ryan Pusztai <rpusz....at.gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to load a custom theme and I read on this page () that I just
> need a file '~/.textadept/theme' to point to the directory where it is
> located. I have my custom theme defined in a '~/.textadept/my_custom'
> directory.
> I have tried to add these one at a time:
> '~/.textadept/my_custom'
> '~/.textadept/my_custom/'
> 'my_custom'
> 'my_custom/'
> './my_custom'
> './my_custom/'
> to the "theme" file. None of them worked. I try to move that 'my_custom'
> theme to the 'themes' directory under TA install location and the theme
> works. What am I missing? Or is there a bug?
> Thanks.

Hi Ryan,

your theme folder in
~/.textadept/themes/my_custom/

and then the file "~/.textadept/theme" with
my_custom
in it should work.

I suggested this change during the 2.1 discussions (so sorry :-), as
it's better if you e.g. move your .textadept to another drive.

Mitchell, maybe the doc could be changed to something like this:

To use a different theme, create a `~/.textadept/theme` file containing the
name of the theme you would like. If you have a custom theme, create a
directory `~/.textadept/themes` and place it there.
Any errors are printed to standard out.

Robert