Re: API Changes

From: Brian Schott <briancsch....at.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 09:38:25 -0700

On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 6:41 PM, mitchell <mforal.n....at.gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Brian,
>
> On Jun 13, 12:34 am, Brian Schott <briancsch....at.gmail.com> wrote:
> > MARK_BOOKMARK_COLOR, MARK_SNIPPET_COLOR and such will still be in the
> > various _m.textadept modules, I see. Are these override-able in user
> themes?
>
> Yes; I believe they are now so that wouldn't change.

Ah. I haven't actually tried modifying these in user themes yet. My other
question is the constants used for the different bookmark types. Should I
start a wiki page documenting which constants such as MARK_BOOKMARK and
MARK_SNIPPET are claimed? Any extension scripts that conflict about the
meaning of line marks will break each other.

> > Not really API-related:
> > * Any thoughts on how to fix the behavior of the select_paragraph()
> > function in textadept.editing?
>
> I'm not sure what the issue is here. Can you discuss or point out the
> discussion?

If you place the cursor on a line of text with blank lines on either side,
or the first line of a paragraph, the function will select the text above
the line that the cursor is on. There's some discussion of this in the
line-wrap thread.

> > * What did you think of the Linux single-instance code?
>
> It's cool. Now if only the same feature could be added for win32...
>
> > * Will this next release be based off of Scintilla 2.12?
>
> Whatever latest Scintilla is; if it's 2.12 then yes.

Very nice. The newer versions have a few useful GTK bugfixes.