Re: API Changes

From: Robert <ro....at.web.de>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 17:09:28 +0200

Hi Mitchell,

looking throught the new API I saw this in ._G.luadoc:

-- Resets the Lua state by reloading all init scripts.
-- Language-specific modules for opened files are NOT reloaded. Re-opening the
-- files that use them will reload those modules.
-- This function is useful for modifying init scripts (such as keys.lua) on the
-- fly without having to restart Textadept.

I just tested this and it is reloading the module. I think, you had a
fix for the language modules a while ago.
Speaking of the resets.
I have
keys['f9'] = { function()
  buffer:save()
  gui.statusbar_text = "Reset."
  _G.reset()
end }
in my init.lua.
Maybe adding the statusbar change to Textadept core would be helpful
for others as well, sometimes a processed file is failing silently.

So maybe in core/init.lua:
events.connect('reset_after', function() gui.statusbar_text = 'Reset.' end)

If not, I'll put it on the wiki... :-)

Robert