Re: Obscure bug of the week

From: Robert <ro....at.web.de>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 16:59:33 +0200

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 1:17 AM, mitchell <mforal.n....at.gmail.com> wrote:
> Robert,
>

>> This is probably unrelated but it reminded me of a bug I now tracked down.
>> When using "save_as" in file_io.lua a check should be added to make
>> sure that no buffer with the same path and name is already open,
>> otherwise you get two buffers with the same filename and the reloading
>> problem as you switch buffers.
>
> I just tried this and while I am prompted with the reload dialog, I do
> not get any ill behavior afterword, at least nothing of the likes
> Brian mentioned. I guess I just do not understand what the bug is
> here.
>
> Mitchell

I agree - I don't know what was producing the ill behaviour in my
case. I think it would still be nice to have a check like I suggested
as this can be quite confusing and functions like open_helper just go
the first buffer in the _BUFFERS table. I checked other editors, some
don't give a warning, others do...

Robert