Re: is the status bar configurable?

From: Brian Schott <briancsch....at.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 13:38:46 -0700

Yes, you can set the text there, but it will likely get overwritten by
other status messages that come up. You can try this out by entering
the following text in the command entry:

textadept.statusbar_text = "Test"

(Assuming you use Textadept 2.x. If you use a 3-alpha version then
it's gui.statusbar_text instead)