Re: is the status bar configurable?

From: mitchell <mforal.n....at.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 15:37:29 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Scott,

> Hi everyone. I've been using SCiTE for years and recently stumbled
> upon TA. It looks to be exactly what I've been looking for! I'm
> looking forward to configuring and tweaking it.
>
> I guess my first question is if the status bar on the bottom is
> configurable? I like to work full-screen, without the top window bar,
> and having the full path of the file being edited in the status bar
> would be nice.

You can configure the docstatusbar (right bar) using DOCSTATUSBAR_TEXT
in core/locale.conf and editing the `update_ui` handler that sets the
text in core/events.lua (search for docstatusbar).

You can configure the statusbar (left) by inserting an update_ui event
handler to the top of the event stack. This allows for status messages
to still be seen, but the buffer filename to persist:

  events.connect("update_ui", function() gui.statusbar_text =
buffer.filename or "" end, 1)

Mitchell