copy from textadept and paste to xterm doesn't work

From: Scott Weisman <sweis....at.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 06:16:38 -0700 (PDT)

In SCiTE, copying text with C-c then pasting to an xterm window works.
I don't know the correct terminology, but I'm pretty sure there are
two distinct types of clipboards in X. Can TA be changed to mimic
SCiTE's behavior in this instance? I copy and paste between xterms and
my editor all the time, and not having this work properly is, well,
bad.

Thanks!