Re: Set the font size from home directroy

From: mitchell <mforal.n....at.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 08:04:37 -0700 (PDT)

Ryan,

On Jun 22, 10:46 am, Ryan Pusztai <rpusz....at.gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Mitchell,
>
> On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 10:41 AM, mitchell <mforal.n....at.gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Ryan,
>
> > You will want to edit your theme file's lexer.lua. Set the font_size
> > variable.
>
> There is no way to do that from outside the theme? If not, shouldn't there
> be? I was under the impression that you should not change
> the distribution files because they will be overwritten when a new version
> comes out. Also there are at least three themes and I would have to change
> each one, instead of just overwriting the setting in the 'init.lua' file (or
> what ever file in you _USERHOME directory).

Well the idea would be to pick the theme you like, copy it to your
~/.textadept/themes/ folder, and modify the theme from there. You do
not have to modify 3 themes unless you use them all.

Scintillua's lexer Lua state is separate from Textadept's, so the only
way to modify fonts from init.lua would be through calls to Scintilla
via buffer.style_*. However, I doubt those settings would persist.

Mitchell