tweaking find/replace ui

From: Scott Weisman <sweis....at.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 02:46:54 -0700 (PDT)

I am interested in tweaking the find/replace UI and I discovered, to
my horror (:-), that it was not coded in Lua, but actually hard-coded
in C (gasp!).

I thought TA was supposed to be a tiny bit of C, but implementing this
in C seems to go beyond that.

Anyway, how hard would it be to move this to Lua?

Also, what exactly are the possibilities one can do with TA? It seems
one can split windows and the like, but is every window just a
Scintilla widget?

What if I wanted to implement some project management features and
things like tabs, a file explorer, or the like?