Re: [textadept] Performance regression with Hypertext lexer

From: mitchell <c....at.caladbolg.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2010 10:57:52 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 9 Jul 2010, Brian Schott wrote:

> I've noticed that the performance of the html lexer in Textadept 3.0 is
> much worse than it was with 2.2. On a 500 line html file I can see a
> rather long lag between pressing the keys on the keyboard and the
> characters appearing in the buffer. Has anyone else experienced this?

In general, any large files lexed by multi-language lexers can experience slowdowns. This has been briefly documented in the lexer doc. I did not change the HTML lexer inbetween 2.2 and 3.0, so any differences are likely arbitrary. I wish there was a way to make multilang lexers as fast as singlelang ones.

mitchell