Re: [textadept] Textadept 3.1

From: mitchell <c....at.caladbolg.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 12:21:22 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

Hi Robert,

> On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 7:36 AM, mitchell <c....at.caladbolg.net> wrote:
>> Changes:
>>
>> � �* Refactored key commands to support propagation (1).
>> � �* Updated to Scintilla 2.20.
>> � �* Added Lua autocompletion(2).
>>
> I really like the Lua autocompletion but it seems the multiedit module
> (1) seems to somehow prevent the activation after pressing "." or ":".
> Has there something changed with regard to the propagation of key
> events? Activating the auto-completion with ctrl-enter
> works fine.
>
> (1) http://caladbolg.net/textadeptwiki/uploads/multiedit.lua

Your char_added event handler is returning a boolean. When an event
handler returns a boolean, event propagation stops. The autocompletion is
triggered by 'char_added', not 'keypress'.

> Another question: is it possible to use these xpm images in
> gcocoadialog's filtered list? I was thinking about e.g. showing hg
> status with an icon in one column.

It might be possible, but one thing to consider is how are you going to
pass the options via command line? If a pixmap column was added, then
--items might be of the form 'pixmap1 item1 pixmap2 item2', etc. If no
pixmap was to be used, then: "'' item1 '' item2", etc. That's just ugly!
You could have a --pixmaps column, but that may require an undesirable
second iteration over the collection in the parent program. Just some
initial thoughts. I'm open to suggestions of course.

mitchell