Re: [textadept] Re: snapopen

From: Robert <ro....at.web.de>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 17:40:23 +0200

>> I posted it here because it's not part of the 'TA Distribution', which
>> leads me to the next question: why isn't it part of TA?
>
> Because it is highly experimental. I haven't gotten much feedback on it
> either. If enough people like it and find it useful, I'll probably add it to
> the next release.
>
> mitchell

I love this feature and use it almost exclusively now - there is
always a short delay when using the default open dialog, also it's
sometimes difficult to navigate with the keyboard.
I have two variants (highly experimental as well, I'll post them later):
- a hg-project browser, which goes to the "root" directory and
displays all version controlled files as well as currently untracked
files and their status. (I'm happy for the moment with having just a
letter, but thanks for the explanation with the pixmaps, Mitchell.)

- an open dialog that currently displays:
..
directory1
directory2
file1
file2

If ".." is selected the dialog is replaced with a dialog one directory
up, if it is a directory it goes to the directory.
A question: is it possible to get the content of the field even if it
does not match any list item?
I use the string output. This would be nice to have "~" go to my home,
"/" to the root directory or other shortcuts, without having them
included in the list.

Another question, when I leave the text field, click an item with the
mouse and then start typing again I get another text field (like in
the default open dialog). Would it possible to go directly back to the
upper textfield and/or have a shortcut to go back there?

Thanks,
Robert