Re: [textadept] Re: snapopen

From: Oisín <denpasho....at.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 16:43:47 +0000

On 29 September 2010 16:31, mitchell <c....at.caladbolg.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > > I posted it here because it's not part of the 'TA Distribution', which
> > > leads me to the next question: why isn't it part of TA?
> >
> > Because it is highly experimental. I haven't gotten much feedback on it
> > either. If enough people like it and find it useful, I'll probably add it
> > to the next release.
>
> Snapopen and some menu shortcuts will be added for the 3.3 release on
> Oct 1. Are there any complaints/fixes/suggestions/etc. in the
> meantime?
>
> mitchell

There is a slightly annoying behaviour on OS X where TA uses the Windows and
(probably) Linux modifier of ctrl+left/right for navigating left and right a
word at a time. On the Mac I think the default is the option key (alt), and
on mine, ctrl conflicts with Spaces/Exposé which switches between desktops.
Similarly, on the Mac deleting the last word is option+backspace rather than
ctrl+backspace.

Is there an easy fix for this or at least something I can throw in a
configuration file?