Re: [textadept] Differences Textadept 2.1 <-> Textadept 3.2

From: mitchell <c....at.caladbolg.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 09:54:42 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

Hi,

> I am using Textadept 2.1 at the moment, and tried briefly Textadept
> 3.2
>
> I noticed that
>
> *) I lost the left panel where I can browse the open buffers (which I
> found really easy to use)

The sidebar was removed after 2.1 in favor of the 'filteredlist' dialog.
Now to view buffers you press Control+B and you can type a few letters of
the buffer you want to open it.

> *) my carefully crafted snippet is not working anymore (took me some
> time to get it working)

If you have your snippet in your ~/.textadept/snippets.lua, it isn't
loaded automatically anymore. Instead, add

   _G.snippets.name = 'snippet'

to your ~/.textadept/init.lua.

If you are getting an error, please post it as well as the snippet. There
was a bugfix a since 2.1 that may have broken something else.

mitchell