Re: [textadept] Bug (?) when a message buffer is displayed and TA is closed

From: mitchell <c....at.caladbolg.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 12:09:36 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

Hi,

> I have been tweaking TA's configuration and, as is usual for me,
> making many mistakes along the way. I came across behaviour which I
> think is a bug, but I'd like someone to confirm.
>
> OK - assume that I have an error in TA's configuration. When TA is
> started I get a a split view, with both displaying a "Message Buffer",
> in which the details of my mistake are shown in great detail. OK - I
> then choose View > Unsplit and as expected I then have only one pane.
> I then choose File > Close and the Message Buffer disappears and I am
> left with an Untitled buffer. I finally quit TA.

This probably will not save the session because ta didn't load properly.

> I correct the mistake in TA's configuration and restart it. I then
> have TA running with a single buffer titled "Message Buffer", despite
> the fact that when I quit from TA the only buffer was an "Untitled"
> buffer.

I cannot reproduce. My guess would be that you have the [Message Buffer]
in your session file from a previous instance of ta that closed
successfully. If you delete this session file and do the above steps, I
think you should get the desired behavior.

mitchell