Performance concern in editing HTML files

From: phayz <russelldicken....at.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 16:24:46 -0700 (PDT)

I have found that peformance in scrolling line by line through HTML
files on my laptop is relatively slow. That is, relative to how it
used to be. I don't know if this is due to a change in X version and/
or Linux kernel version but something significant must have changed.
To try and work out the cause of the issue, I will try an older
version of Textadept. Strangely I compiled the recent change which was
improve the performance of multiple lexers applying to files and it
doesn't seem any better.