Re: Performance concern in editing HTML files

From: phayz <russelldicken....at.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 21:38:43 -0700 (PDT)

On Oct 26, 11:37 am, mitchell <c....at.caladbolg.net> wrote:
> Russell,
>
> > I have found that peformance in scrolling line by line through HTML
> > files on my laptop is relatively slow. That is, relative to how it
> > used to be. I don't know if this is due to a change in X version and/
> > or Linux kernel version but something significant must have changed.
> > To try and work out the cause of the issue, I will try an older
> > version of Textadept. Strangely I compiled the recent change which was
> > improve the performance of multiple lexers applying to files and it
> > doesn't seem any better.
>
> > Does anyone have any other suggestions as to what I might check?
>
> Are you experiencing this only with HTML or other multilang lexers? Did
> you download latest scintillua hg (LexLPeg.cxx) instead of just textadept
> hg?
>
> mitchell

Hmmm...I'll have to check at least one other multilanguage file. I'll
report back here with my results.

I'm fairly sure I downloaded the latest scintillua, applied them to
TA's original 3.3 source code, then compiled. I have both the TA with
the modified scintillua and the original 3.3 available on my laptop
(in separate folders) so I'll check both.

Just in case I've used the wrong method, what's the recommended way of
compiling TA from source? When I have cloned the hg repo, I've found
that there's only a sub-set of the source code contained. I usually
grab the source from elsewhere, add the updated files (obtained via hg
repo) and compile the lot.