Re: using ctags

From: phayz <russelldicken....at.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 13:37:59 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 18, 4:11 am, mitchell <c....at.caladbolg.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > I wonder if there has been any progress on this? I would also like to
> > see ctags support return to Textadept, so that I have an overview of a
> > file/document's structure.
>
> I put up a rudimentary example of how to browse with a ctags file on the
> wiki:http://caladbolg.net/textadeptwiki/index.php?n=Main.Ctags
>
> The idea is to have a ctags buffer always open in a split for easy
> browsing (like the file browser I posted earlier)
>
> mitchell

Mitchell,

Thanks for that. I understand what you're suggesting and it sounds
like exactly what I want to achieve. I haven't yet tried the file
browser so I hadn't seen it in action.

Sometimes I wish you and others would reply with "No! That's
impossible with Textadept." I could then happily get on with my work
instead of tweaking Textadept. :P

Honestly, thankyou Mitchell and others for your excellent work on
Textadept. I simply can't believe that such an eay-to-use yet powerful
text editor is not better known. Personally there are other editors
which I find easier to use but they simply don't have Textadept's
extensibility. When you find yourself switching between two editors
because each suits certain work, then find something like Textadept
which allows you to switch to just one editor, it's fantastic.