Re: Performance concern in editing HTML files

From: phayz <russelldicken....at.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 13:55:49 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 10, 7:24 am, phayz <russelldicken....at.gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 10, 4:20 am, Brian Schott <briancsch....at.gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Try doing the same thing on SciTE. I've noticed that Scintilla's
> > scrolling performance has always been bad when using the arrow keys
> > like that.

> > > Sorry, I can't reproduce this any more - I can confirm that CPU goes
> > > up to ~60% during the scrolling. Maybe it's only lagging when there is
> > > too much other load?
>
> > > Robert
>
> > > --

> Wow! Thanks for all the advice to those who have responded. I'm sorry
> I haven't yet been able to provide hard statistics etc. I'll try all
> these suggestions and see what happens.
>
> - Russell- Hide quoted text -

OK - my performance problem has disappeared. I tried switching between
versions of Textadept, also temporarily renaming my personal Textadept
configuration folder and somehow the problem has disappeared! To be
specific, when I scroll up and down with the arrow keys, scrolling is
now quite fast and scrolling stops as soon as I take my finger off the
appropriate key. I have no idea what's fixed it, unfortunately, but
it's now OK.