Re: Filetype-specific 'run' and 'compile' commands

From: phayz <russelldicken....at.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 13:40:36 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 10, 7:27 am, phayz <russelldicken....at.gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 10, 12:37 am, mitchell <c....at.caladbolg.net> wrote:
>

> > Russell,
>
> > > Some time ago someone wrote some custom Lua components which, when
> > > added to Textadept, allowed filetype-specific 'run' and 'compile'
> > > commands to be defined more easily than was possible with vanilla
> > > Textadept. Later a note was added to the start of that wiki entry that
> > > this functionality had been added to Textadept from version 2.2.
>
> > > My problem is that, despite grep-ing Textadept I can't find where this
> > > has been added or is added. Can someone please point me in the right
> > > direction?
>
> >http://caladbolg.net/textadeptwiki/index.php?n=Main.RunSupplemental
>
> > mitchell
>
> > > - Russell
>
> > > --
>
> > mitchell
>
> Thankyou, mitchell and Brian. When I read the wiki entry and the note
> that this had been added to Textadept I thought it meant that the
> entire contents of the wiki entry had been added. :P  Now I understand
> that for whichever languages you want this customisation you simply
> follow the 'cpp' example, also those given in the wiki.
>
> - Russell- Hide quoted text -

I just wanted to say that I have successfully added a custom 'run'
command for HTML files (which loads the current file in Firefox), also
a custom 'compile' command for ASCIIDOC files (which runs the ASCIIDOC
tool to output HTML). The approach I adopted was the use of the
run_supplemental.lua file.

I can't believe it took me so long to understand this and get it
working. No doubt most of the readers of this group *also* can't
believe how lon it took me.