Re: [textadept] TextAdept and ProFont

From: Robert <ro....at.web.de>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 10:26:07 +0100

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 10:42 PM, Jonas O. <ezjo....at.gmail.com> wrote:
> Well I, indeed, have many questions, being one hunter of a Notepad++
> (nearest of what of make use of it) equivalent for the mac (meaning
> using scintilla).
> Is the block caret an already available feature in TA ?
Yes, from the Luadoc [1]:
caret_style: The style of the caret to be drawn.
    * 0: invisible
    * 1: line
    * 2: block
To quickly test this:
buffer.caret_style = 2
in the command line entry should change the caret. To make it
permanent you could copy a theme to your .textadept/themes/ and modify
it or make these changes independent of the used theme like I did here
[2]

> Can it highlight braces when the caret is after a brace and not before ?
I have highlighting before and after a caret [3]. Should be easy to
modify as well.

> Is it possible to configure a keyboard shortcut to duplicate the
> selection or the current line ?
Put
-- Duplicate current line
keys.ad = {
  function ()
    local buffer = buffer
    buffer:line_duplicate()
    buffer:line_down()
  end
}

in your init.lua, I have alt-d as the shortcut.

Robert

[1] http://caladbolg.net/luadoc/textadept/modules/buffer.html
[2] https://github.com/rgieseke/textadept-common/blob/master/theming.lua
[3] https://github.com/rgieseke/textadept-common/blob/master/bracematching.lua