Could I use Textadept as an outline tool?

From: phayz <russelldicken....at.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 17:35:01 -0800 (PST)

I have a need...a need for speed. Eh!? In fact I have need for
outlining functionality in Textadept and need guidance.

I would like to be able to work on a large, structured document but in
small "chunks" and I wonder if Textadept might help? The idea would be
that I first create a document which is essentially a table of
contents, and then write each piece in a separate document (read
"file"). Textadept would hopefully help in that I could move the
cursor to a specific line on which I had written the name of a section
(of the document), press a key sequence, and if a file with the
matching name already existed, it would be opened, otherwise an empty
buffer with that name would be created.

The idea is that I can switch back and forth between writing content
and structuring the document, according to how I feel at the time. I
could either leave several buffers open and switch between them, or
close each buffer and use the "table of contents" document to navigate
to and open the next section.

Is this a serious misuse of Textadept or does this approach sound
reasonable? I believe I could cobble together the functionality from
Textadept's own source code and code contributed via the wiki.