Re: [textadept] LuaJIT == Overkill?

From: Robert <ro....at.web.de>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 13:03:38 +0100

On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 1:10 AM, mitchell <c....at.caladbolg.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've compiled textadept to use LuaJIT, but I really don't notice any
> differences in speed. The LPeg lexer is written in C anyway so I don't think
> LuaJIT affects it much, if at all. Does anyone have experience with LuaJIT?
> Is it overkill for a text editing environment?
>
> mitchell

Don't know much about LuaJIT but does it make a difference for doing
string replacing/searches in huge files? Most things in Textadept
don't take long so it's probably hard to notice/measure.

Also, have you seen this discussion on lpeg optimisation?:
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.lua.general/68734

Robert