Re: [textadept] Textadept 3.5

From: mitchell <c....at.caladbolg.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 15:26:24 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

Jonas,

> I'm running it on a macbook pro 13", I don't know if it is a known
> issue, but there is some lag between the moment I type a character and
> the moment it appears.
> What kind of mac are you running your version of textadept ?

I tested on a Mac Mini. What amount of lag are you experiencing? Brian can
you comment? I know in IRC you were mentioning some slowness.

In your theme's view.lua file you might want to uncomment the

--buffer.buffered_draw = false
--buffer.two_phase_draw = false

lines and see if that boosts your speed.

The next version of Scintilla (the editing component used by Textadept)
will support Cairo as the drawing tool rather than GDK. I don't know if
this means drawing will be faster, but I would guess so.

mitchell