interested in scite emulation

From: Scott Weisman <sweis....at.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 23:50:13 -0800 (PST)

Hi there. I absolutely LOVE the IDEA of TA. But I have been using
Scite for many years and quite like much of the behavior and key
bindings.

Has anyone worked on a Scite emulation for TA or know of anything
available?

One small example is when you open the find dialog, in Scite, the text
under the cursor is selected for the find text, and selected so that
it is easy to enter other text. TA provides no such nice handholding.
How hard is something like that?

Also, there is a behavior that drives me crazy in TA and Scite and
pretty much every other editor I have tried. When you select all (with
ctrl-a), the cursor is moved (usually to the start of the buffer).
This drives me crazy, as I then have to use the mouse to click the
window to get the cursor at least back to the approximate location it
was before. Is there some way to select all text and have the cursor
moved back to the original position in the middle of the selection? So
far in Scite, I have been unable to do so. The text from the beginning