Re: [textadept] interested in scite emulation

From: mitchell <c....at.caladbolg.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 15:38:18 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

Hi Scott,

> Hi there. I absolutely LOVE the IDEA of TA. But I have been using
> Scite for many years and quite like much of the behavior and key
> bindings.
>
> Has anyone worked on a Scite emulation for TA or know of anything
> available?

Textadept is flexible enough that you can mimick virtually everything in
SciTE. Can you be more specific?

> One small example is when you open the find dialog, in Scite, the text
> under the cursor is selected for the find text, and selected so that
> it is easy to enter other text. TA provides no such nice handholding.
> How hard is something like that?

keys.cf = {
   function()
     local buffer = buffer
     local s = buffer:word_start_position(buffer.current_pos)
     local e = buffer:word_end_position(buffer.current_pos)
     gui.find.find_entry_text = buffer:text_range(s, e)
     gui.find.focus()
   end
}

mitchell