Is Textadept Portable still necessary?

From: phayz <russelldicken....at.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 14:27:36 -0800 (PST)

Textadept Portable is a "wrapper" for Textadept on Windows which keeps
Textadept's configuration folder together with the executables etc. I
have been using it successfully since it was first introduced.

Since Textadept version 3.5, I believe, all necessary runtime files
(mainly GTK) are included with the Windows download. Another recent
change which I can't date, is the addition of several parameters,
including "-u" which allow you to specify a folder to be used for the
storage of personal Textadept configuration files, instead of the
folder specified in the USERPROFILE environment variable.

The addition of the "-u" parameter which something that I saw
mentioned a while ago but didn't quite "click" in my brain. If I put 2
and 2 together, I believe there's no longer a need for Textadept
Portable. To achieve the same goal, you can simply make a shortcut to
the Textadept executable and add the "-u" parameter.

I don't mean to belittle Robert's achievement in producing the
Textadept Portable launcher. If there's now an official method of
achieving the same result though, in the long term I believe it's a
better approach.

PS - If the "-u" parameter has been part of Textadept since it was