Problem with custom theme when errors occur "in" an open buffer

From: phayz <russelldicken....at.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 05:42:15 -0800 (PST)

This problem with Textadept is very strange, so it was hard to come up
with a suitable "Subject". I mainly use Textadept to edit HTML and
have modified the standard 'dark' theme to something I named
'darkness'. I have been experimenting with some of the new functions
mentioned here in the group and on the wiki and so discovered the
problem.

Here are the steps by which I can re-create the problem:
1. I open an existing HTML file and TA correctly applies my default
theme to all elements;
2. I press [F2] to activate the 'Command Entry' box and enter the name
of a function I copy and pasted from the wiki (blindly hoping it will
work. I know there's an issue there, but we'd need several more forums/
groups to solve those!)
3. The window is split horizontally and TA provides an explanation of
an error which occurred in trying to run the function, with the error
message in the new, lower pane of the split window.
4. I acknowledge this error and click on the pane containing the
opened file.

The appearance of the buffer's contents are then changed, with only
characters between " characters correctly themed. If I use the
"Refresh Syntax Highlighting" menu option, the theme is again
correctly applied.

I have no idea what's going wrong, nor how to fix it so suggestions
are welcome. :)