Re: [textadept] Command entry position

From: Robert <ro....at.web.de>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 14:14:35 +0100

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 6:32 PM, mitchell <c....at.caladbolg.net> wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
>> would it be possible to move the command entry on top of the status bar?
>> I'm using the command entry a lot recently and it would be useful if I
>> could use it  to display messages and to know the current position
>> when searching.
>
> See the attached patch.
>
> mitchell

Thanks a lot! I experimented with switching the search mode when using
the command entry (use ack, use lua). I used the function keys because
the modifier keys are not available in the command-entry-keypress
event. My attempts in adding those in textadept.c only led to crashing
TA. I copy and pasted from the return value in s_keypress but I
obviously don't really know what I'm doing...
Having the modifier states available would make it possible to use
ctrl-g, gtrl-shift-g (or ctrl-s, ctrl-r) for going to the next match,
another possibility would be to add a search or command entry history.

Robert