Re: [textadept] set_lexer does not always work

From: mitchell <c....at.caladbolg.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 22:58:17 -0500 (EST)

Hi Robert,

> Sorry to bring this up again, but it seems that issue 135 [1] is still
> not solved.
> I'm using a version compiled from recent hg.
> Starting Textadept I open the command entry and type
> set_lexer('python')
> Only after inserting a char the lexer updates from 'container' to 'python'.
> Before that I can't use a key command from the Python module but the
> status bar updates when I have a different tab setting in the
> set_buffer_properties function.

This appears to be a Scintillua issue.

Switch LexLPeg.cxx:501 and 502 so 'reinit = true' is before PropertySet.
This appears to fix the issue. I'm not sure of the consequences though.
I'm not sure what I was thinking when putting 'reinit = true' after, but
surely I had a reason... I need to test this more thoroughly; maybe you
can help.

Thanks for your patience.

mitchell