Re: [textadept] Question about recognition of run errors etc

From: Robert <ro....at.web.de>
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2011 12:51:09 +0100

Russell,

On Sun, Feb 6, 2011 at 11:47 AM, phayz <russelldicken....at.gmail.com> wrote:
> In another thread I mentioned that I am trying to get a custom compile
> command for HTML files working as I need. The command I am using to
> 'compile' these files recognises syntax errors and quotes their
> location. I would like to use the Textadept feature where clicking on
> a line in the output panel will then jump to the problem line. When I
> look at run_supplemental from the TA wiki I see that it's the output
> of the 'run' command which is a parsed for errors.
>
> How can I have the output of the 'tidy' utility parsed for errors,
> just as the output of the 'run' commands is parsed?

I don't know how to prevent the blocking you mentioned in your other
mail, but there are some changes necessary to the command in your
other mail:

> The line I added to run_supplemental was:
> run.compile_command.html = 'tidy -qe --gnu-emacs "%(filename)"'

gnu-emacs needs a flag like 1, yes, etc.
If this works, you need to change filename to filepath because
otherwise Textadept won't find the buffer with the file you were
checking (there could be several index.html open).

_m.textadept.run.compile_command.html = 'tidy -qe --gnu-emacs yes "%(filepath)"'

Then you have to define the pattern that is used to filter the error message:

_m.textadept.run.error_detail.html = {
  pattern = '^(.-):(%d+):%d+: (.+)$',
  filename = 1, line = 2, message = 3
}

This is adapted from the examples of the supplemental run commands.
There is one thing to keep in mind. When you click in the error
message buffer, Textadept doesn't know what language file you were
editing, so it simply loops through all error pattern until one fits.
If there is another pattern that fits first you might get a message
like
"/home/foo/index.html:193" not found. (Tidy gives you the column
number as well.)
There are certainly ways to work around this by modifying the patterns
but if you don't use the patterns for other languages in run
supplemental you can simply comment them out.

Robert