Re: [textadept] Re: Poll on language modules

From: Robert <ro....at.web.de>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 10:05:29 +0100

On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 11:32 PM, mitchell <c....at.caladbolg.net> wrote:
(...)

> This makes me rethink the condensation of language modules. Obviously the
> original reason for the separate files was be able to drop in your own
> commands and snippets easily. Brian, is this what you were doing earlier?
> This requires some careful thought. Some core changes may be necessary.
>
> mitchell

If you split them again you still would have to track potential
changes in the submodules, which can be confusing. I did copy e.g. the
lua snippets submodule...

One option could be to load a predefined user submodule if it exists.
I think many modules have a need for this, for example to set the path
to your language interpreter etc.
I do this now with the language_module_event.

Robert