Re: [textadept] Re: Textadept 3.7 beta 2

From: Robert <ro....at.web.de>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 16:14:44 +0100

On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 12:23 AM, Howie <zhehao.....at.gmail.com> wrote:
(...)
> the file extension for Matlab/Octave scripts is .m. I've already
> changed this in my own mime_types.conf, but it would be good for less
> tech-savvy users (most Matlab users are probably not hard-core
> programmers) if
> it was included in the default conf.

The not hard-core programming matlab users are most likely happy with
Matlab's editor and the close integration it has. ;-)
You can also use an octave shebang line (if you use octave).
For cases like this (where different lexers/languages have the same
file extensions) I once did a check in set_buffer_properties whether a
certain keyword was in the file and switched the lexer language
accordingly, for example Django templates that have .html-Extensions.

Robert